Saturday 3 October 2009

TRAVAIL A NICE!??

'I'm off to work near the beach in Nice for the summer' i recounted so blissfully a week before departure. That was before i came face to face with the french at work. RUDE...RUDE..RUDE. The lady who worked in the beach restaurant pretty much laughed in my wind swept face when i asked about jobs, 'we only recruit professionals here'. erm......'is there any such thing as a bloody professional waitress, they take orders and carry food! ce n'est pas trop difficile!??'.

'I go for coffee, you c0me to coffe with me?!? i like coffee, i like you!' says some pervetish man as he tries to stroke my leg. I don't know whether these men expect me to say 'YES' and we then we go and make sweet love in a coffee shop!?Instead i change tram 3 times.

Today on the tram, i was slightly worried an elderly couple were going to have a coronary due to the dangerous amounts of huffing and puffing. Good reason too. The tram is like a bloody DJ Disco with all the music from various ghetto teenage mobiles or them screaming down their mobiles. As the elderley couple viewed....'and so whats the point of having a mobile, they can probably hear you!!!??'.


THE INTERVIEW.

Without a doubt, the worst interview i hopefully will ever have to endure. Punctuality in the morning is never my strong point and hence getting there on time was my main port of call. 'Coron Duro' , as she was called, collected me from the reception where we took the lift together. In silence .She then asked me to tell her five negative personality points i possessed. Slightly harsh considering i was meant to be selling myself. The combination of the question and the french threw me into awkward turmoil. I replied saying 'i was impatient, moody and often made bad decisions. As these were things i could honestly think of in french. Apparently this wasn't a good answer.

Then the onslaughtering began over my appearance, apparently in 15 years i had dressed the most casually. In hindsight, perhaps the flip flops hadn't been the best idea. She claimed i looked like i was about to go to the beach. To be fair, not a statement particularly far from the truth. Embarassingly i asked her if i could try again tomorrow. Of course the bitch said 'NO' and proceeded to laugh in my face. She also pointed out i had dreadlocks in my hair. CRINGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment